Have fun with the kids, great idea for gifts too, Grandparents will love them!
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10-12 Minutes
- 110g Salted Butter
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 225g Plain Flour
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Assorted Biscuit Cutters
- Heat the butter, syrup and sugar together in a small pan on the hob stirring until melted. Set the pan aside to cool slightly. Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas5.
- Mix the bicard, ginger, cinnamon and flour in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the butter-sugar mixture. Stir, using your hands to form a dough. Wrap the dough in clingfilm.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes before laying it between two big sheets of baking paper. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, turning it as you go, until it is as thick as a £1 coin.
- Cut your shapes with your Easter cutters. Place on a lined baking sheet, bake for 10-12 mins, until light golden brown. Let them cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by adding water to the icing sugar to create a thick consitency. You can either pipe pretty patterns or colour the icing and top the biscuits. Unleash your creativity!