Perfect Roast Potatoes Everytime
Have you always wondered how do they make the roast potatoes just so yummy when you eat out? Here is how:
Prep 10 mins
Cooks in 1 hour
- 2kg White Potatoes, peeled- We’d recommend King Edwards
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Polenta or extra flour
- 5 Tbsp Goose Fat
- 5 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Cut the potatoes into 4, or more if large. You want even sizes potatoes, so they all cook at the same speed. Place your potatoes in a large pan of salted water and boil or 5 minutes, just until the outsides start to soften. Check, by scraping with a fork, it should mark but not go all the way through. Drain.
2. In the pan with the drained potatoes, scatter the flour and polenta (if using) and a little salt. Place the lid back on the pan and give the potatoes a shake, so that the potatoes are slightly crushed and coated in the flour and polenta.
3. Heat the oven to 190°c or Gas 5. Place the goose fat and veg oil in a roasting tin large enough to hold the potatoes in a single layer. Place in the oven to heat the oil for around 5 minutes. Then tip the potatoes onto the tray- being very careful as the oil may spit at you. Return to the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Turn the potatoes and make sure they are all coated in the oil and turn up the heat to 220°c/ gas 7 and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until crisp. Sprinkle with salt before serving.