Plant of the Month:
It's an easy to grow, evergreen shrub that produces masses of beautifully scented flowers above green or silvery-grey foliage.
Its drought in tolerant, so it survives being left alone a little. Plant in a sunny border, container or gravel gardens. Perfect for the country cottage look.
Plant now in spring to have endless colour and scent all through Summer. Towards the end of summer, cut the flower stems and dry out, perfect for a bit calming scent in the home.
This Months Top Five Things to Do In Your Garden
1. Start adding in bedding plants, making sure to protect from any late frosts.
2. Make your hanging baskets. Giving them enough water and sun to get them established.
3. Your lawn will have had a coupe of cuts. Give it a lawn feed so its nice and lush for summer.
4. Weeds will start to come through, keep on top of them so your garden isn't taken over by weeds. Make sure you read the label before weeding areas with plants you want to keep.
5. Don't forget to deadhead flowers to help the plants produce more flowers.