Plant of the Month:
Basket and Bedding Plants
Its now time to add some colour into the garden. May is the perfect time to start putting out bedding plants, if putting low on the ground make sure you protect them with slug repellent.
Baskets can now come out of greenhouses and conservatories and be put outside in a sunny spot.
This Months Top Five Things to Do In Your Garden
- Plant containers that can't be moved inside. It should be warm enough now and no frost.
- Re-paint decking and fences ready for the nicer weather and sitting out.
- Hanging baskets should now be flourishing. Don't forget to water them and feed them.
- Keep on top of the lawn, forking small holes into te grass will help it take in the water and stimulate new growth.
- Sow hardly annuals outdoors.