Looking for a way to use up all the cheese in the fridge? With this recipe is doesn’t matter which cheeses you have and they can all be used.
Prep 10 minutes
Cooks in 50 mins
- 350g Pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Mustard powder
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 500ml Milk
- 250g Any cheese you have left, plus a hard cheese for the topping.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions, drain and set aside
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic and cook for a min until softened, then add the mustard powder and cook for 1 min more. Add the flour and stir to make a paste, cooking for about 1 min, until the mix starts to bubble a little. Take off the heat and gradually pour in the milk, whisking with every addition so the sauce doesn’t go lumpy. Return to the heat and cook for 5 mins until thickened, then add the cheeses, stir until melted, and fold in the pasta.
- Heat oven to 160C fan/gas 4.
- Tip the pasta into a baking dish, and top with additional cheese, preferably some hard cheese such as cheddar or parmesan, then bake for 25-30 mins, until golden and bubbling. Allow to cool for 10 mins or so then serve.