Mince PiesPrep 20 minutes
Cook 1 hour 20 minutes
- 400g Plain Flour
- Pinch Of Salt
- 220g Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Jar Of Mince Meat
- Milk For Brushing The Tops
- Sugar For Sprinkling The Tops
- Place the flour, butter and salt in a large clean bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, working as quickly as possible to prevent the dough becoming warm.
- Add the water to the mixture and using s cold knife stir until the dough binds together, add more cold water a teaspoon at a time if the mixture is too dry.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for a maximum of 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 220˚c. Thinly roll out the pastry on a floured surface. Cut into 12 circles with a fluted pastry cutter, large enough to fill the base of the prepared tin. Press gently into each hole, then fill with mincemeat.
- Cut out another 12 slightly smaller discs and use to cover the mincemeat.
- Press the edges together to seal. Make a small slit in the top of each, and then brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with a little sugar. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Bake the pies for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and serve warm.