Herb Crusted Barbequed Fillet Of Beef
The ultimate in BBQ cooking! When only the best will do.
Prep 2 hours
Cooking upto 35 minutes
- 900g Beef Tenderloin
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Whole Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Mixed Herbs or Fresh Herbs crushed.
- Place the meat in a shallow dish and massage with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and mixed herbs. Rub in with your finger tips until covered.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours. Before cooking, bring the meat to room temperature. Take out of the fridge around an hour before you wish to cook.
- Light the BBQ and wait until the coals are covered with a film of ash (takes about 40 minutes). The fire is ready when you can hold your hands over the coals and slowly count to 5 before you remove them. (careful trying this method!). Push some of the coals to one side to make a slightly cooler coal free zone for later and brush the grate with oil.
- Place the meat on the grate and cook, giving it a quarter turn every 2 minutes until brown and crusty on the outside. Move to the cooler part of the fire and cover with a lid. Cook for 16-18 minutes for rare, or 20-25 minutes for medium rare.
- Move the meat onto a chopping board, lossely cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes. Carve diagonally into 1cm thick slices and serve with the juices.