Red Slaw With Radish, Smoked Cheese and Lemon Yoghurt Dressing
Served loaded onto burgers or as a side to your BBQ.
Prep 45 mins
- 1 Small Red Cabbage
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Bramley Apple
- 1 Carrot
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Sea Salt
- 40g Smoked Cheese
- Handful of Radishes, chopped
- 6 tsp Plain Yoghurt
- 2 tsp Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Lemon Yoghurt Dressing
- Mix the plain yoghurt and whipping cream with the olive oil. Stir in the dijon mustard, lemon juice of 1 lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Quarter the cabbage, cut out the core and shred the leaves very finely. Halve the onion lengthways and slice into thin half moons. Quarter and core the apple (no need to peel), then slice crossways into segments. Slice the carrots into thin matchsticks.
- Put the prepared veg and apple in a bowl and sprinkle the the juice of 1 lemon and some sea salt. Toss well, then leave for 30 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Drain off any excess liquid that may have accumulated.
- Stir in the lemon dressing and scatter with smoked cheese and chopped radish over the top.