You will need:
- Olive Oil, Glug
- Sausages ,8
- Red Onion, 1 sliced
- Streaky Bacon, 2
- Garlic Bulb, ½ whole blub, sliced horizontal
- Thyme, small bunch
- Chopped Tomatoes can, 2 400g
- Sherry Vinegar, 1 tbsp.
- Red Chilli, 1
- Chicken Stock, 250ml
- Cannellini Beans, 400g drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc/gas mark 4. Put a pan on the hob and heat it up with a glug of olive oil. Seal the sausages until brown on every side. Take them out of the pan and transfer to casserole dish and let it rest to one side.
- Don’t wash the pan; all those lovely flavours are not to be wasted. Throw in the red onions, the diced rashers of streaky bacon and the garlic, cut side down. Add the spices and cook a little. Season with salt and pepper and pick in some thyme. Give it a stir. Then in with the tomatoes, the sherry vinegar and the chilli; score down the side of the chilli to let out the fragrance but not too much heat.
- Then add the chicken stock, stir and add the cannellini beans. Pour the mixture over the sausages in the casserole dish. Cover with a lid or wrap in kitchen foil- shiny side down to reflect the heat- add into the oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with crusty bread or mashed potato.