Artichoke Salad With Olives and Rocket
You will need:
- ½ Juice of a Lemon, plus a little for water
- 4 Artichokes
- Handful of Rocket
- 4-5 Pitted and Halves Olives
- ½ tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Parmesan Shavings
- Heat a large saucepan of water acidulated with lemon juice. Trim the artichoke stalks at the base. Pull off some of the outer leaves until the visibly leaves are mostly green and purple. Slice the top 2cm off the remaining leaves. Rub the cut surface with lemon juice to prevent blackening. .
- Once the water is boiling, plunge the artichokes into it. Cook for about 35 minutes or until tender, then drain. When cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthways and scoop out the small hairy chokes.
- Arrange some rocket leaves on a serving plate and place the artichoke halves on top, cut side up. Add the olives and trickle over the olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes, black pepper and a few shavings of parmesan.