Who says you can’t do dessert on a BBQ! Serve up a delicious treat after the BBQ feast with these tasty banana’s, kids and adults will love them too.
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 Minutes
- 40g Butter, softened
- 50g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Small Ripe Bananas, unpeeled
Extras- Ice cream to serve, whipped cream, yoghurts, sprinkle over a few chopped nuts.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Split the inside curve of each banana with a knife, being careful not to cut all the way through. Spread a spoonful of the butter mixture into each split. Wrap upright in tin foil, making sure it’s all covered and there’s not gaps. (You can do the prep the day before, store them in the fridge until needed)
- Pop the bananas on the already prepared BBQ and cook for 15 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap the parcels, keeping the sauce in the tin foil so that it can be poured over. Take out the bananas carefully and transfer to a plate. Drizzle over the sauce and serve with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or yoghurt. Top with chopped nuts if you wish.