Bread and Butter Pudding
Just like Grandma used to make!
Here is how:
Prep 10 mins
Cooks in 40 minutes
- 25g Butter
- 8 Thin Slices Of Bread
- 50g Sultanas
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 350ml Whole Milk
- 50ml Double Cream
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 25g Granulated Sugar
- Grated Nutmeg To Taste
- Grease a pie dish with butter & preheat the oven to 180˚c/Gas 4.
- Butter the bread on one side & cut into triangles.
- Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in the bottom of the dish, then add a layer of sultanas. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon & repeat.
- Gently warm the milk & cream, don’t let it boil.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and three quarters of the sugar until pale then combine with the milk & cream mixture.
- Strain the custard over the bread layers, sprinkle with nutmeg and the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden, then dish up & enjoy.