Butternut Squash and Tumeric Soup
What you'll need:
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Bouillion
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash (Reserve the seeds from the squash)
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 and 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Light Coconut Milk
- 6 Cups Water
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the bouillon with 6 cups boiling water, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the squash, carrots, 2 teaspoon turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the pan and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, around18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Toss the reserved seeds (about 1/4 cup with the remaining teaspoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and roast until golden brown and crispy, around 9 to 11 minutes.
- Blend/purée the soup. Sprinkle with the toasted seeds and swirl in the coconut milk.