Easter Fairy Cakes
Super easy to make and the kids will love decorating them.
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10-30 Minutes
- 110g Salted Butter
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 2-3 Drops of food colouring
- Hundreds and thousands- as much as you like!
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas 4 and line 12 bun tray with bun cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until it turns paler. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large spoon. Add a little milk until the mixture is a soft consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases evenly. About half full.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on top. To test they are ready, place a skewer in the middle and if it comes out clean they are ready. If some mixture sticks to the skewer they need a little longer.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes and remove from the tray.
- For the icing, mix the icing sugar with water to create a smooth stiff consistency. Stir in the food colouring.
- Drizzle over the cakes and sprinkle with hundreds ad thousands. Leave to set until they harden.